Working with other outside agencies
• We have support from the Speech and Language Service, Inclusive Learning Service and Educational Psychologist, Dr. Alison Smedley, to support and develop staff working with pupils with SEND.
• All parents/carers are consulted before the school seeks support from outside agencies. Class Teachers, the SENCO and Extended Home School Link Worker work closely with families and where necessary, make referrals to the following agencies:
▪ Young Carers
▪ New Era(DomesticAbuseService).It provides free and confidential support for
victims, perpetrators and their families. It aims to end relationship abuse through a wide range of individual and group support for adults, children and young people for as long as they need it.
Staff Expertise and Training
- There is a wealth of subject expertise within our academy. We have Specialist Leaders of Education for Early Years, Phonics and Maths, who are all involved in supporting staff in our own academy and across the St Bart’s Academy Trust – ‘Release Potential Together’
- We are highly committed to providing opportunities for the continuing development of all staff. Learning and teaching staff, take on an active role in their own development in order to meet the needs of all of the pupils that they teach and support.
- Safeguarding training is regularly reviewed (at least annually) alongside monthly safeguarding bulletins. All staff are at least Level 1 Safeguarding trained.
- Support staff are all highly skilled in their roles and receive on-going training in a variety of interventions led by the SENCO, Senior Leadership Team, other staff or agencies
- Continued Professional Development is delivered ongoing and is linked to the needs of the academy and our children.
- All staff including Senior Leaders, Class Teachers, Senco, Extended Home School Link Worker and Learning Support Assistants attend courses to develop specific skills for supporting children, linked to the School Development Plan and recommended by Senior Leadership Team.