Involving pupils with Special Educational Needs in their education
- Pupils with SEN have Passports and Individual Education Health Care Plans, which set out their individual needs, targets and the support needed to achieve them. As part of this, pupils are consulted each term to review these and asked for their views, their goals, what is important to them, what they find challenging and how they can help themselves.
- During the termly SEN Review meetings with teachers and parents, pupils share their views.
- The Senco may also gather pupil’s views during pupil interviews throughout the year.
- Park Hall Academy, actively listen to the Pupil Voice of all children in school, including those with identified Special Educational Needs.
- There are opportunities to take on leadership roles throughout the school such as Parliament, Junior and Senior Leadership roles, Apple and Sports Ambassadors. Staff and parents in applying for these roles support them.