Expertise and training of staff in relation to children and young people with Special Educational Needs.
The SENCO and Pastoral Manager work closely with families and several specialist services including the following;
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech and Language Therapist
- School Counselling Service
- Dove Service
- Young Carers
- CAMHS (Children & Adult Mental Health Services)
- Local Authority SEND Services
- Education Psychologist
- Behaviour Support Team
- Social Care
- Health Visitor
- Integrated Family Support Worker
- Education Welfare Officer
- Our Health Nursing Team based at Cobridge Community Health Centre
What training are the staff supporting children with SEND had or are having?
We are highly committed to providing opportunities for the continuing development of all staff. Learning and Teaching staff, take on an active role in their own development in order to meet the needs of all of the pupils that they teach. The school holds Dyslexia Level 1 Award.
- All teaching staff have recently received training to identify and support children with a speech and language difficulty within the classroom.
- Training has been delivered by the SEND team on the New Code of Practice.
- Support staff are all highly skilled in their roles and receive on-going training in a variety of interventions led by the SENCO throughout the year on a regular/weekly basis. This training is closely linked to the School Improvement Plan.
- The Senco, Pastoral Manager and teaching assistants attend courses to develop specific skills for supporting children with SEN within the school.